SUBSTITUTE TEACHING IN THE OAKLYN PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT
- Any holder of a regular teaching certificate issued by the New Jersey Department of Education can qualify as a substitute teacher.
- Those not holding a teaching certificate must procure a County Substitute’s Certificate valid for day-to-day teaching, not to exceed twenty (20) days in one position.
- The County Substitute’s Certificate will be issued for a five (5) year period. It must be renewed when it expires by submitting it to the local district for transmittal to the County Office.
- A County Substitute’s Certificate issued by the office of the Camden County Superintendent of Schools is valid in all Camden County schools.
- All substitutes, other than those having teaching certification, must be persons who hold a degree from an accredited four year college or have 60 semester hours of college credit.
- Applicants for substitute teaching who hold regular certificates issued by the New Jersey Department of Education need not apply for a County Substitute Certificate. However, applicants must complete the Criminal History Review Process and receive official clearance before Board of Education approval can be granted.
- A substitute certificate is transferable from county to county. If an applicant applies to more than one county for substitute employment, only one certificate will be required. That certificate must be presented to each county in which it is to be used and must be validated by the receiving county.
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER CERTIFICATION PROCEDURES
Candidates for substitute teaching should apply by completing the ONLINE APPLICATION, and checking "Substitute Teacher" or "Substitute Teacher Assistant" under the Position Desired tab. Applicants should skip the Vacancy Desired tab. Questions may be directed to Mrs. Bonnie Weightman in the Superintendent’s Office at 856-962-5700 ext 1003 or email@example.com.
Select the "Start an Application for Employment" link.
Check "Substitute Teacher" or "Substitute Teacher Assistant" under the Position Desired tab
PAYMENT FOR SERVICES
- Substitute Certificate
- $90.00 per day for first 10 days ($110 per day for each consecutive day over 10 in the same assignment).
- Regular Teaching Certificate in content area for which you are substituting
- $95.00 per day for first 10 days; salary beyond 10 days in the same assignment is based on Step A of the negotiated teacher salary guide.